Acidity is a term used several symptoms caused by excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Moreover, it can be a consequence of other external factors, such as poor diet, stress, excessive smoking and alcohol consumption, and lack of physical activity. The acidity may trigger various symptoms, including heartburn, gastric inflammation, ulcers, and dyspepsia.
This condition can affect the whole body, such as the bones, lungs, heart, liver, kidneys, intestines, stomach, and the skin. As a result, our body becomes the perfect breeding ground where illness and disease can easily manifest.
Due to the bad lifestyle habits, the body can remain in a constant state of acidity. As a result, there is a lack of minerals from the vital organs. Moreover, there are many foods, which are quite acidic and can only worsen this condition. Some of the acidic foods are soy, meat, dairy products, some grains, coffee, alcohol, highly processed foods, refined sugar, sugar replacements and GMO food.
Fortunately, there is a way to find out whether your body is acidic or not. The body gives several signs to show you that it is too acidic.
20 Signs Your Body is Too Acidic
- Sinus Issues
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and dementia
- Reduced mental clarity
- Cardiovascular damage caused by acidic plaques – increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Immune deficiency
- Excess mucus/phlegm
- Chronic Cough
- Chest Pain
- Chronic Fatigue
- Skin issues like eczema, acne, rashes, and dermatitis of all types
- Stomach issues, including bloating, indigestion, acid reflux and excess gas
- Candida and yeast infections
- Weight gain and/or obesity
- Sciatica and stiff neck
- Cavities and sensitive gums
- Joint pain and aching muscles
How to Alkalize the Body?
All of the tissues and fluids of the body are alkaline, except for the stomach. So, when the body becomes too acidic, the tissues take alkaline-forming elements from other areas of the body. Then, they create a less-than-optimal environment for these areas where the alkaline forming elements were taken. In order to alkalize your body, you should make some lifestyle changes.
Ways to Lower Acidity
- Reduce the intake of acidic foods, such as grains, sugar, certain dairy products, fish, processed foods, fresh meats and processed meats, sodas and other sweetened beverages, and high-protein foods and supplements. You are allowed to consume them a couple of times a week.
- Consume plenty of water, especially spring water. This will help flush toxic materials from the body at a faster rate.
- Increase the intake of greens, which can alkalize the body. Include them in juices, smoothies, and salads.
- Reduce the stress levels and forget about anger, fear, and resentment, as they can produce acidity of the body fluids. Instead, try practicing meditation and yoga.
- Avoid GMO foods.
- Consume more vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, beans, and legumes.
- You can also drink more lemon water.