We usually want to put on a nice, light dress or some tank tops, shorts and bikinis when summer is just around the corner. These are great, but it can be really difficult for people that like their legs and armpits to be without hair.
So, we usually turn to shaving, which can cause irritation, ingrown hair and we get results that last 24 hours at most. Apart from this, 77% of millennial women were still shaving in 2017, whereas the other 23% decided to be natural.
Thus, We are here to offer you some alternatives to shaving. We will show you 5 DIY ways that you can do to help you get rid of that unwanted hair on your own terms.
1. Sugar and Lemon Juice
These ingredients are pretty popular for getting rid of unwanted hair. They are components of a sugaring paste-a wax-like substance that removes hair easily and for a long time. This process can be painful, however, the results can last up to 4 weeks.
If you add a bit of honey, you can also make it in the microwave.
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ of honey
- Juice from ½ lemon
Just mix all of them in a bowl and stir it until it becomes smooth. Then, put in the microwave for 2 minutes. Take it our and stir every 20 to 30 seconds. Let it cool down before you use it.
The lemon is very acidic, thus, it will act as a bleaching agent and it will make the hair light and it will slow down the hair growth.
Do the following:
- Take 2 tablespoons of sugar and ½ of warm water
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and stir well
- Apply on the armpits and leave it to act for 20 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water with slight rubbing motions
- Repeat 2 to 3 times per week
2. Egg White and Cornstarch
If you have ever tried a peel-off face mask, you might know that it is very effective for removing body hair. So, you can do it for the underarms.
First, crack an egg and pour the white in a bowl and leave the yolk. Then, add ½ of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of sugar and stir.
Put the paste on the hairy area and leave it there until it gets dry. Sit with your arms up. Afterward, peel it off and say bye to the hair.
3. Milk and Turmeric
- 3 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of milk
Mix the two into a thick paste and apply on the underarms for 20-30 minutes. Let it dry out and then take a washcloth, wet it with warm water and then rub the mask off in circular motions. Afterward, wash what is left. Do it regularly so that you achieve some results.
4. Papaya and Turmeric
Papaya contains papain which is an enzyme that can destroy hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
Just take 1-2 tablespoons of mashed raw papaya, mix with half a tablespoon of turmeric powder and stir nicely. Then, apply to the problematic area and massage gently. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off.
This will only be effective if you do it often and you wait a couple of months.
5. Turmeric and Baking Soda
Take 1 part turmeric, 2 parts baking soda and mix with water. Then, add water bit by bit so that you can form a thin paste. Apply this paste on the armpits and let it dry. When it does, rub it with the hands and wash and pat the armpits. Bear in mind that the turmeric has an orange color so your armpits might change a bit. So, be patient and do more rubbing.
Permanent Hair Removal
These remedies are great, but if you want a permanent solution, you should try electrical epilation, which works 100%. The method is done with a tiny needle that enters each hair follicle and destroys the root from the inside. It will even remove grey hair and anyone can do it.